CAGS Residents Information click here
Click Here to register for the 2015 Canadian Surgery Forum in Quebec City!
CAGS Advocacy Plan
Read about CAGS Advocacy and Communications plan by Hewat Strategic Edge
Click Here for Dr. Wirtzfeld's August Message on Leadership
2015 CAGS Membership Survey Summary
For the summary of CAGS' 2015 Membership Survey click here
For information on the CAGS/Air Canada Corporate Partnership and other travel discounts click here
Benefits of Membership
The Canadian Association of General Surgeons is the only national organization representing the interests of General Surgeons in Canada. CAGS advocates for manpower issues, transition of practice for the aging General Surgeon, pay equity for General Surgeons, access to resources needed to provide care for patients, and for quality of care for surgical patients. CAGS provides a voice for ALL General Surgeons to be heard across Canada. A strong and unified voice for General Surgery will make healthcare better for Canadians.
- A subscription to CJS
- Monthly e-news
- Reduced registration fees for the Canadian Surgery Forum
- Access to (accredited) EBRS modules
- Postgraduate courses
- Full access to the CAGS website
- Access to full text online journals and the Cochrane Library
- Access to video libraries
- Access to job postings and conference listings from across Canada
- Resident activities and support
- Royal College accredited provider of educational activities
- Corporate Air Canada membership for all members
- 3 bilingual newsletters annually
- Job, locum and preceptorship postings
- Guidelines and position statements
- Support for General Surgery research
- On-line access to ASAP program
- International Surgery projects
- Network with all 2000 CAGS members
- A say in the voice of Canadian General Surgery, and much more!
$350.00 + applicable taxes
Must be certified to practice General Surgery in North America.
$35.00 + applicable taxes
Must be enrolled in a Canadian General Surgery Program as a Resident (Membership Fee to be paid by respective University) or an Allied Health Professional, Technician, Office/Business Manager, Medical Specialist outside of General Surgery, or must be enrolled in surgical training outside of North America and must provide two letters of support from active CAGS Members
Associate Fellow Member
$35.00 + applicable taxes
Must be enrolled in a Fellowship Program in North America.
$10.00 + applicable taxes
Must be enrolled in Medical School.
Must be a retired medical practitioner who has held a valid certificate in General Surgery in North America, and has been an Active Member for a minimum of five years.